Saturday 10 April 2010

Don't delude yourself

Writing a script has made me search new places on the web, and (let's face it) more people are interested in television and film than read fictional books.

This does also make it a very competitive space, and anyone who knows me realises I don't have a competitive bone in my body.

Either what I do seems good to others and they employ it, enjoy it, reward it, exploit it, etc.
Michael Dare's joke
Or they don't get it.

And my dabble in the film business in the 1980s gave a real glimpse of the shark pool, the scripts that never get made, the people who make their living in pre-pre-production, and all that.

I came across a hilarious Poster Guide on a Screenwriter's Life, that Michael Dare did for the LA Weekly, which you can find full size here.

It puts it all in perspective. Don't give up the day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment