Thursday 21 September 2017

Gimme Shelter.....Weathering the Storm in an Archetypal Cosmos

I have felt the urge to re-investigate a language for the cycles of events I perceive, having lived long enough. (Well, not quite long enough, yet).

Stanislav Grof has always fascinated me, but I have never found my way to a place to investigate Holotropic Breathing, and my psychedelic adventures seem far in the past, now - but he offers a course in Archetypal Astrology (along with Dr Richard Tarnas) and I feel sufficiently intrigued to commit some time to that study.

I did have an intense few years, studying astrology, in the late 70s and early 80s, so at least know something of the language (jargon), and some of the embedded imagery of the myths etc.

This video (from July 2017) offers a glimpse of the kind of subject matter, with Dr Tarnas.

PS: a question about the influence of Eris turns up at the end (1:47)



And here you can listen to the two of them together (Mar 2017)

 

Interesting resource, Archai - online journal (The journal of Archetypal Cosmology).

Richard Tarnas's website

No comments:

Post a Comment