Friday 15 October 2010

Serious Literature

After all my recent dabbling in popular conspiracy thrillers I have enjoyed settling down with Zero History by William Gibson... He may not appeal to everyone, but I like the stretch I can feel in the brain cells, as he makes me work to understand...rather than spell it all out.

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Whether or not I will spend November trying to write something a bit more swashbuckling than my previous high-speed novels remains a moot point. As in previous years I have already begun to feel the adrenaline rush anxiety about whether:
  • I can sustain the writing pace in the face of other demands on my time
  • I can stay motivated
  • I can think of anything at all to write...
Two weeks to go... At least I have the bonus of telling myself I have managed to complete the challenge successfully three times already.

My profile at the NaNoWriMo site.

No comments:

Post a Comment